Thursday, October 22, 2015

[Event] Canada's Baking and Sweets Show

Event: Canada's Baking and Sweets Show
Date: September 25-27, 2015
Location: The Toronto Congress Centre
Website: www.canadasbakingandsweetsshow.com

 

I got to attend the Canada's Baking and Sweets Show for the first time last month. I love sweets and to have an entire show dedicated to sweets was definitely appealing.

One of the highlights for the show were submissions for the Professional Baking Competition. One of the categories was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which had some pretty amazing cakes. Since I'm not a baker myself, I admire the amount of effort and detail that goes into these cakes! Asides from the submission displays, there were live demonstrations and vendors for baking supplies and goods. It wasn't a big event as I expected. I was hoping for more vendors that sold baked goods versus baking supplies (since I am not a baker). There were little samples and the price of the items being sold at the show weren't so great either. It definitely needed more interactive activities for attendees.

It was an overall decent event, though for the entrance price to get in at $20 wouldn't be worth it if you had to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment