Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Nota Bene

Restaurant: Nota Bene
Address: 180 Queen St. W
Phone: 416-977-6400
Store Hours: Lunch | Mon-Fri 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM Dinner | Mon-Wed 5-10 PM, Thurs-Sat 5-11 PM
Website: www.notabenerestaurant.com


Interior



Menu




Review

I got a gift card to Nota Bene and decided to cash it in during Winterlicious. I was eager to try this high end restaurant with my boyfriend. It was a three course meal and we both chose different plates that suited our palate.

Although I could probably make it at home, I enjoyed the Quinoa, Wild Rice, and Squash Salad. It was sweet and much different that a plain old salad. I had the East Coast Fish Pie for my main entree. It was similar to a Chicken Pot Pie but with fish. The pie was slightly bland but I still liked it. Lastly, the Double Chocolate Fudge Brownie wrapped up the meal nicely because it wasn't too filling.

The only complaint I had, which I guess was my fault, was their $4 bottled water. I thought that when they offered bottled water at the beginning of the meal, it was going to be free. Since that is the assumption when you go to any restaurant usually. My jaw dropped when I saw the $8 price tag for the two bottled water we have asked for (still and sparking). $8 for water!! I could have gotten something else much more worth it for $8! After this incident, I will remember to ask for "tap water" the next time I am in a fancy restaurant.

Overall, aside from the water incident, I really enjoyed the quality of food at Nota Bene. The restaurant interior design wasn't exciting in my opinion. I wished it looked nicer for a high end restaurant. But even so, I still recommend Nota Bene for some delicious (and expensive) meals.

Nota Bene on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment