Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Pai

Restaurant: Pai
Address: 18 Duncan St.
Phone: 416-901-4724
Store Hours: Mon-Sat 11:30 AM - 10 PM, Sun 5 - 10 PM
Website: www.paitoronto.com


Interior


Menu



Review

I attended a Zomato Meetup where I caught up with fellow food bloggers and ate delicious Northern Thai cuisine! Pai is one of the many Thai restaurants owned by Chef Nuit and her husband, Jeff. You might not know them, but you probably know their most popular restaurant, Khao San Road!

Chef Nuit

I had the pleasure of trying a variety of dishes during this event that are also on the regular menu. The Som Tum Tad (Papaya Salad) was the starting appetizer. I was confused by the set up of the dish, because it looked like it was a one person portion. Regardless, everyone tried to take equally small portions for themselves. It was my least favourite dish out of everything we've tried.

The first main dish was the Gaeng Kiaw Wan (Green Curry) served with rice. I enjoyed this curry quite a bit. To make it more fun, it was served in a coconut! Shortly thereafter, our second main dish was Chef Nuit Chicken Pad Thai Platter. The pad thai was quite delicious too. The third dish was a surprise dish. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a hold of the plate's name. Judging by the ingredients from their online menu, I guessed it was the Plah Nua (Beef Salad). For this dish, you have sticky rice and cooked beef. You take the rice and scrunch it up into a ball with your hand. Then, you stick the beef onto the rice and eat it together using your hands. It was a new experience for me. I wasn't crazy about this plate compared to the pad thai and curry. It was cool to try regardless.

Lastly, we had dessert. It was mango sticky rice and I enjoyed it more than I expected! The sweetness of the mango along with the sticky rice made a great combo. Despite having a couple of my own drinks, I got to sample a fellow foodie's cocktail. I HIGHLY recommend you order the Tea Ross (not pictured). It's a delicious spiked Thai iced tea. I would go back to Pai for this drink and I never order cocktails or alcohol at a restaurant (only at pubs).

Overall, I loved my experience at Pai. I would definitely recommend it if you have tried Khao San Road or want to eat some Thai food.

Thank you Zomato for this awesome #ZomatoMeetUP!

Pai Northern Thai Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment