Thursday, November 20, 2014

Momofuku Noodle Bar

Restaurant: Momofuku - Noodle Bar
Address: 190 University Ave.
Phone: 647-253-8000
Store Hours: Mon-Sun 11:30 AM - 3 PM, 5 PM - 11 PM
Website: www.momofukutoronto.com


Menu

 


Review

My Order: Dan Dan Mein, $14

I finally got to try Momofuku. From what I gathered, it is a three-level restaurant comprising of "smaller restaurants" within it (correct me if I'm wrong please). My friend and I decided to catch up over some ramen at the Noodle Bar, which is on the first floor. Momofuku is quite popular outside of the foodie community. Therefore, my expectations were super high coming into the restaurant.

We arrived during the evening on a Sunday and it was packed. I wasn't a fan of the communal tables, especially since it was crowded. We were squished in the middle between two different groups of people. I had to raise my voice so my friend (and probably the neighbours) could hear what I was saying.

The menu was printed on a piece of paper and since it had the current date, I assumed the menu changes everyday (what a waste of paper!). My friend said the pork buns were great so I agreed to try it. I wasn't overly impressed because I thought it was overpriced and likely something I had before. For my order, I chose the Dan Dan Mein. I was disappointed to see how little the noodles took up in the bowl. Don't give a big bowl if you aren't going to fill it to the top! I liked the noodles but again, nothing I was eager about.

If I go back to Momofuku Noodle Bar, I will attempt their ramen instead which they are known for. If I revisit, I would likely come on a weekday during non-peak hours.

Note: This review only reflects my experiences at the Noodle Bar and not the rest of the Momofuku's restaurants within the building.

Momofuku Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment