Friday, October 19, 2012

The Abbott


Cafe: The Abbott
Address: 99 Spencer Ave.
Phone: 416-876-3855
Store Hours: Mon-Fri 6:30 AM - 7 PM, Sat-Sun 7 PM -7 PM
Website: www.theabbott.ca

Wi-Fi?: Yes
Study Appropriate?: Yes
Stamp Cards?: Yes


Interior






Menu

Drinks - Soy/Almond/Lactose-Free Options?: Yes to all 
- Organic and fair trade coffee
- Resiprocate is the supplier
- Sells different kinds of soda, juices, and spritzers; Blue Sky
- Syrups extra for 75 cents: vanilla, hazelnut, caramel, strawberry, pumpkin pie

Food - Vegan/Vegetarian/Gluten-Free Options?: Yes to all
- Plenty of different snacks available
- Gluten-free macaroons from Desmond and Beatrice
- Vegan peanut butter banana muffins
- Vegetarian sandwiches available
- Dairy-free squares
- Fruit and meat pies: pear, apple, mixed berry, chicken, and beef


Double Shot Cappuccino, $4



Latte, $3.25



Review

Choice of Drink: Double Shot Latte, $4


I previously went to The Abbott this past year and fell in love with it. I love how it is nested under a steel staircase, tucked away on the side street. Considering the horizontal space of the cafe, I really like how they maximized and decorated the space. It has such a homey feeling to it.

There is a large wooden table, which allows for any group work or a crowd of three or more to enjoy their coffee. There are also 5 small round tables, which only holds up to two people. This cafe has a much more intimate atmosphere though, perfect for catching up with an old friend or have a date. 

So for my second trip to The Abbott, I was prepared to get the information I needed for this review. I got to communicate with the friendly barista, Dylan, who answered my questions regarding their menu. When I chose the double shot latte, I forgot to asked for latte art, something I love to get if a cafe does it. Dylan was sweet enough to make me a fresh latte on the house to attempt on designing a heart (the latte in a white cup under the menu section). So you could say that night I was very well over-caffeinated with two cups of lattes. The double-shot latte was bitter in the beginning on the first sip, but immediately was fixed with three spoonful of brown sugar.

I was there for a good couple of hours, working on my homework. The Abbott is a neighbourhood cafe, therefore, I noticed a lot of patrons being familiar with each other. I really enjoy how The Abbott has such a welcoming feeling to it. It's one of the few cafes I intend to return to if Indie Coffee Passport no longer existed.


The Abbott on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment